Tuesday, December 8, 2015

BEAUTY | How to keep your skin glowing in winter

There are 3 products which have been saving me from the usual pastiness that is my skin. Every. Single. Winter. As you might have picked up from my blog over the years I don’t tend to go for drastic measures - I stray away from St Tropez and Xen Tan (although Xen Tan is pretty damn good!) for their dramatic tanning properties. I also stay clear of gradual tans which make you smell like a good ol’ Digestive. 

What I’ve been enjoying for quite a while now (I want to say years even!) is Clarins Golden Glow Booster (read a full review here). I use a couple of drops (literally - a couple) mixed together with my favourite light moisturiser Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing lotion. I prefer using it with this light moisturiser to using it with my night moisturiser (which is Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night cream - read review here) because it mixes in a much easier manner and there’s less of a risk of waking up streaky and blotchy in the morning! The glow you get when using this combo is brilliant - very light and natural and there’s no weird biscuity scent to your skin at all! To achieve a deeper tone I recommend you use this on a daily basis. 

To get a hint of colour on my arms (who cares about the rest of your body anyways in these cold winter months, right?) I have been using Sienna X Gradual Glowing Self Tan (click here). It’s not as light as for instance Nivea or Garnier gradual tans - Sienna X is a little stronger - I would say it’s a mix between a self tanner and a gradual tan to say the least. It gives you a very nice tanned glow even after just one use and it fades without turning into massive patches! 

What do you use to keep the winter pastiness at bay? 

from Cityscape Bliss http://www.cityscape-bliss.com/2015/12/beauty-how-to-keep-your-skin-glowing-in.html

No comments:

Post a Comment